Tuesday, August 05, 2008

things change before your eyes.

Well practically a year has passed, it seems like I’ve been standing still, yet it seems like the ground has moved under my feet (thanks Carol King :) you never know when the 80's will come in handy!)

I've been thinking a lot about faith lately and trying to make sense of my own. I recently had a conversation which sparked a train of thought. Religions are thing that are built of rituals and symbols; all too often (well for myself) the symbols and rituals overtake my faith, I wonder; if I were to choose symbols and rituals for myself, would they make a difference to my faith.

I wondered for a long time if that would be wrong.(to pick and choose and build something that suits me...)However I feel that I am not choosing parts of different faiths instead I'm simply choosing practices, I guess it's finding a way to touch God.

Now here is my drama. That is a fairly linear process (for lack of a better word)but the world in which we live isn't, and when a choice has been made to live alongside others and have a similar orientation does that 'orientation' include symbols and rituals?

It’s my birthday. (Thanks Rory he is 10)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home