Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Re-capping

Thought I’d pull this from the deep. A good friend left a beautiful comment ages ago. We had been discussing the Kingdom of God and where it is, how we interact with it and what it looks like. It makes me think ask the question again. It is probably a very helpful question to be constantly asking. For me Josh nailed it in so many ways, and I wish I was this in tune!

“I thought I’d reply to your question regarding the kingdom. We spoke about it some time ago and I wanted to reply.

What is the kingdom, I arsked myself…

Already mentioned, I feel that kingdom is a journey of continual discovery … that the kingdom, or the feeling of it, has always been there, but it is only on your life journey that you discover things, experiences both large and small, that bring you closer to recognising it.

So what is kingdom? Sharing, family, friendship, love, faith, togetherness, unity. Working together to achieve a common goal. Community. Where does Mr. Allmighty fit into the picture? Accepting us and loving us unconditionally, regardless of creed, colour, gender or speech impediments, encouraging us through love to be able to love and accept ourselves and each other, no matter what.

After a recent death in my family, I felt that I needed to rethink the concept of the Kingdom. For me, what helped me and kept me strong through this journey was the support Mr. Allmighty and the incredible love of my family. Family is number one.

In sum, Kingdom:

Looks like… Flowers in full bloom in City Park.

Feels like… A group hug with the people most important to you.

Tastes like…A barbecue in Summer, just before the sun is going down.

Sounds like... ‘Daystar’, by former Tea Party front man Jeff Martin:

I am surrounded by a light that shines
In your eyes, I see my soul’s reprise
There’s so many things I need to tell you
There’s so many things I need to show you
That could take a while

I’ve seen daylight rising like a dove
The edges of twilight in the skies above
But nothing compares with what you gave me
I didn’t know that you could save me now
You knew all along

Smells like…Roses in spring.


Cheers,

Josh M”

Thanks Joshy whereever you are!

1 Comments:

At 9:20 pm, October 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back at your blog; I thought you'd given up. Happy birthday for the 25th September

 

Post a Comment

<< Home