Monday, December 04, 2006

A couple of good reads about consumerism + an invite

Just thought I'd add a couple of really top thought provocing reads, one of them is here (thanks to urban monk for this one) and the other is here. I thought I would also extend an invite to all local readers to a TEAR evening in Launceston. Details of the event are as follows:

The Christmas Juggernaut is rumbling towards us but I reckon we can fit in one more TEAR meeting before it arrives.
You are most welcome to join us at the SU HQ (upstairs from the Pilgrim Uniting Church Office) at 34 Paterson St on Wednesday 13th at 7pm. If you haven't been to a meeting yet don't worry they have been pretty randomly sprinkled through the calnedar.

On Wednesday, we'll be finding creative ways to swerve around the Consumer-fest of Christmas and to embrace the simplicity and surprise of Jesus' birth. Please let me know if you can come.

(none of the above italics are my words so if you have any questions ring the Launceston TEAR office.)

1 Comments:

At 5:05 pm, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i shalt be there along with all the other cool ppl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home