Monday, September 11, 2006

re-creating

Re-creating is a strange thing. I have spent most of this working day so far not working ironically. However I have spent some time flicking through various web pages, blogs and the like, I guess almost trying to figure out what it is that I (Josh) am about (also dismally failing). I struggle with being so diplomatic that I bend to everyone's wishes and in that seem to lose sight of what is really going on.(that's another story)

The weekend just gone was really encouraging.
Saturday was spent at a wedding, for the marriage of some good friends of ours. On Sunday a few of us had a meal, shared a bottle of wine, and reminded each other of what it is that Jesus did for us.
Also within the mix of various conversations, we discussed visions, goals, hopes etc. Within that conversation friends of ours made the plunge to initiate again another community of faith within their context in Launceston. It was exciting to see faces light up, smiles develop and dreams form within minds.

This morning however amongst all the web pages that I read about different people, communities and social justice movements. I found myself sinking to new lows, through comparing myself with others and comparing their ways with our ways.

I came to this realisation that:
Comparisons are the tools of those who are afraid to create.Josh

As we work at forming this little community and our own spiritual journeys, we need to ensure that we are following Gods ways. That we aren't just following the paths of those set before us. They were paths formed within different cultures and different people. We need consider them and review them, but we can't ever compare and then re-create. We need to create new ways.
We are to be reforming people, not reformed people

2 Comments:

At 3:14 pm, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up Josh, never compare yourself to others. Have heroes, we all do, but your quote is spot on about being the tools of those who are are too afraid to create.

Keep on writing, reading, listening and creating and God will do wonderful things through you guys, as I am sure has already happened.

 
At 1:11 am, September 16, 2006, Blogger Josh and Melody said...

Thanks man, nothing more than thankyou. Anything else would cheapen my greatitude...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home